I’m Robin Wilt, a native to the Rochester area who has lived in Brighton with my husband, Nick, and our three sons since 2003. Having lived in other parts of the country, we chose to reside in this region because we believe it is the best region to raise a family. My 13-year-old son is a student in public schools, while my two older sons attend college at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and Bard College of Simon’s Rock.
In addition to my work as a real estate professional, I have spent my entire adult life advocating for grassroots involvement and political engagement in service to the community. In my role on the Brighton Town Board, I consistently offer a diversity of perspective that aligns with our community’s core values of education, equity and environmental justice. Accomplishments to date include:
- Initiated the adoption of gender neutral language in all Town communications.
- Established the IDEA Committee (Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Advisory), which focuses on the needs of our increasingly diverse community.
- Re-established Brighton’s Environmental and Beautification Committee to support recycling, and other new and existing work being done by community groups.
- Coordinated feedback for the state DOT in regard to improving plans for traffic routing and bike lanes.
- Sponsored Community Choice Aggregation, which will enable the Town to procure energy services on behalf of its residents, lowering prices and enabling 100% renewable sourcing.
Early on, I learned the value of hard work from my parents, both health care professionals who immigrated from Guyana, South America. My core values are those of inclusion, equity, and social justice. I believe in transparent governance and maximizing access to, and participation in, the democratic process. As a first-generation American, I realize that my parents, through access to educational and economic opportunity, were able to afford their children what can only be described as the American Dream.
I'm running for Congress for all of YOU- to ensure that access to the American Dream is not foreclosed to future generations. I will continue stand up for what is right and represent all of the people of NY's 25th District as your Congressperson.